Friday, November 4, 2011

Brussels, Day 16, 17 & 20

After leaving Luxemburg I headed over to Belgium, my first stop was the captial Brussels. The first thing I saw was the really nice cathedral, 


Here is a piece of one of the alters in the church,


The nicest spot to visit in Brussels is the Grand Place, it is a really impressive town square surrounded by ornate buildings, the largest and most impressive being the Hotel de Ville,








 I came back later in the night to see the square after dark,
 



Belgium is great for anyone who likes beer, chocolate and fries. My favorite was the chocolate, it was amazing. The first picture is just a random shop I walked by, the rest are some of the chocolates I had while in Brussels,






A few of the other interesting things in Brussels include, I really impressive 2 story comic book store,


These are my 2 favorite pictures from the Royal Museum of Fine Arts,



This is the Belgian Comic Strip Center, it is a museum for comics, I thought that was interesting. I did not realize how much comics are part of the culture in Belgium,


This is one of the many lovely churches I saw in Brussels and Belgium,


1 comment:

  1. I'm a little jealous of all the chocolates... My godmother used to bring them back for me when she'd travel to Brussels.

    ReplyDelete