Thursday, October 13, 2011

Maastricht, Day 7 & 8

After leaving Amsterdam I went to Maastricht, a city in the southeast of The Netherlands. Unfortunately I was not feeling well, since the window was left open in my dorm room and it got very cold last night. Also, the weather was grey and rainny while I was there, but here are some of the nice things I saw,

Two churches at one of the town squares,
A piece from the treasury of one of the churches,
 A closeup of the same piece,

Another church that was converted into a booktore,

I took a tour of some old mines outside of the city center, the pictures are dark but they kinda show how large the tunnels were,

Please note the saw sitting in the stones in this picture, I thought this might have been the beginning of a horror movie,

Here are some views of the city and surrounding area near the mine enterance,

 

Some nice views from the river running through the city,

No comments:

Post a Comment